Ye Oldest Fish Shop
Established in 1930 - The oldest fish and chip shop serving the Knaresborough Community for over 80 years. Being under the current management since June 2011. JR’S, a family owned business, has managed to flourish, to build up a loyal customer base and to become one of the best fish & chip shops in Knaresborough and the surrounding area.
The quality and welcoming facade is matched by the continued service of traditional fish and chips within, using the freshest ingredients, all local produce and sustainable fish sources, in a clean environment.
Meet the Business Owner
John, Business Owner and JR’S Fish and Chips Master Chef
Further to his studies in Catering & Hospitality John has over 15 years experience in the catering industry,across a number of business and he has a wealth of knowledge on all matters in the profession.
To further enhance his knowledge and experience in the fish & chips industry, John has recently completed the comprehensive training course at the National Federation of Fish Friers Training Academy in Leeds.
He has trained his staff at JR’S to his own high standards to ensure every customer at JR'S receives the highest quality product and service. All of his employees have completed Food Hygiene courses and received the Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene & Safety for Catering.
National Federation of Fish Friers:
- Training Certification in Preparation Techniques and Frying Practice at the NFFF Training Academy
Food Standards Agency - Food Hygiene Rating:
- Awarded 5 Stars (Very Good) - Details on the FSA website
Proper Chip Appreciation Society:
- JR's Fish and Chips is an honarary and recognised 'Purveyor of the Proper Chip'.
Englands Business Awards:
- 2021 nominee: www.englandsbusinessawards.co.uk
- Trip Advisor 4-5 stars (Excellent) - Read our TA reviews/add your own
- Recommended on Sluurpy! - Read and add Your own Sluurpy! Reviews
- Facebook Reviews 4-5 stars - Read and add Your own Facebook Reviews
- Google Reviews 4-5 stars - Read our Google reviews/add your own
Knaresborough in Bloom 2012:
- Silver Certificate for Excellence: Best Floral Planters category
- Bronze Certificate for Excellence: Business Property category